Monday, September 13, 2010

6 months

Avery was born six months ago today. I really cannot believe it's been half a year already since we saw her and held her. Time goes by so fast. I was six months pregnant when she passed away. Six months, one week, and one day to be exact. I think I will have a hard time when I hit the day where Avery has been gone longer than she was here with us. It's sad how it won't take long to get there. She was here for such a short time. Should have been so much longer.

I went out with my mom today to buy things for our new house. Paint. Light fixtures. Bathroom mirror. Ceiling fans. It made me really happy and excited, but of course, I couldn't help thinking about how Avery should be shopping with us. Our day should have been revolving around her nap and her feedings. I really wish that's how the day was. I guess we will always think of our "alternate universe" life. How the days should be.

Avery isn't here. She never will be. As the months go on, that reallization becomes more and more 'normal.' The monthly anniversaries of her birth get easier as time flies by. But I still miss her like crazy.

While shopping at Kirkland's with my mom today, I found a sweet ornament with an 'A' on it. So perfect for Avery. I am dreading this Christmas without her. But this will be a lovely way to remember her and celebrate her during the holidays.


Happy 6 months in Heaven, sweet baby. Mommy & Daddy love you.

15 comments:

Lisette said...

Thinking of you ((HUGS))
I love the ornament, it's perfect,

Alissa said...

I love the ornament...such a sweet way to remember your little angel. Happy 6-month birthday, Avery!! Hugs to you and your family.

Andrea said...

Beautiful ornament. Such a nice reminder on the tree. Thinking of you on her 6-month birthday.

Jessica said...

Beautiful ornament. I have an ornament for my babies too. While I pray for my rainbow baby I will never forget my sweet angels. (((hugs)))

Dana said...

I love the ornament you got. It is beautiful.

I'm not as far as you are into this grief journey, but time has gone by fast for me too. It feels incredibly slow at the time, with the debilitating pain, but I can't believe it has been 3.5 months for me already.

There are so many difficult days for us and I've been thinking alot about the day that Jacob will have been gone for longer than he was with us. I don't know why I'm thinking about that one so much, because I still have 1.5 months before that day comes and I have to get through the due date first. But it will be a big day and definitely a sad one (well, which day isn't sad?).

Courtney said...

I so remember crossing the 6 month mark without the twins. Now I have to cross that threshold again with Wyatt. I'm so sorry hon.

I so love the ornament you purchased for Avery!

Allison said...

I love the ornament. It is so perfect!
I used to look at time so differently. It bothers me that Drew has been gone longer than he was with us, yet I am always amazed by the impact his short 16 weeks had. Isn't it incredible that our angels' brief lives brought us so much love and meaning? Thinking about you and Avery always <3

Kalialani said...

I LOVE the ornament you got for Avery! It's SO adorable and I'm sure she loves it too. I keep thinking about the holidays too and it kills me that our babies won't be here with us.
Happy 6 months Avery <3

Thinking of you and Avery always!

Wyatt's Mommie said...

Happy 6 months Avery.

Nicole, when you stated - "I think I will have a hard time when I hit the day where Avery has been gone longer than she was here with us. It's sad how it won't take long to get there.", I fully relate. I have been thinking a lot about this recently. I still have 4 months to go, but I can't stop thinking of it. It brings me to tears to think of it.

Many hugs to you!!! Megan

Jennifer said...

happy 6th month angelversary Avery. that's a lovely ornament you got for her.

Rhiannon said...

I love the ornament, so cute and girlie! I am glad that you are having some better days. I know that makes Avery smile to know her mommy is doing ok! Thinking of you!

Alissa said...

Hey Nicole,
Just wanted to let you know that I truly admire you and your journey through the loss of Avery. I wanted to honor you with a lovely blog award. Please check out my latest post (I'm so honored) when you get a chance. Hugs to you always.

Wyatt's Mommie said...

Love ya Nicole!!! Check out my blog... I honored The Avery Diaries with an award!!

Michelle said...

I gave you a blog award. Love to you!

Amanda said...

I just wanted to thank you for inspiring me to start my own blog. I always look forward to reading what you're up to and value your strength and viewpoint on this path through life. I acknowldged you with a little blog award. You can see at my blog: http://owlandleaf.blogspot.com/.
Much love, Amanda