Hi.
I have been itching to write. When I was a teenager I used to write fictional stories and loved it. I miss sitting in front of my computer for hours and just letting a story unfold, not knowing what was going to happen until I wrote it. It was exciting and fun. Lately, I have felt that urge again, wanting to create something that was exciting to write and exciting to read. But nothing has come to me. Coincidentally, however, several different people have randomly told me that I should be writing. Some of them know that I do have a love for it, but most do not. So maybe I am meant to write something. And there is only one topic that is huge on my heart. My baby girl. My Avery Nicole.
Also these past couple weeks, I have felt the desire to pass on the things I have learned and the feelings I have felt since my daughter died in March. I have noticed the lack of resources out there for mothers in my situation. Stillbirth is still taboo in most circles. I read yesterday that 980,000 child deaths occur each year due to miscarriage and stillbirth. 2 million parents are grieving the loss of children each year. Miscarriage is the number 1 cause of death in children at 43% and stillbirth is number 4 at 11%. So why doesn't society better cater to us? I still get Parents Magazine in the mail, even though my baby is no longer coming next week (my due date was June 22nd). Never have I seen any helpful articles on losing your child. It makes me feel as if I'm an outcast, or that I am not considered a 'Parent' since nothing in their magazine applies to me anymore. There needs to be more out there for mothers to come to. Something real. Something true. No fairy tale, rose colored, idealized depiction of what's "normal."
I, along with my husband, have been on a rough journey these past few months since Avery passed away in my womb. I wish I had started this blog at the beginning, to watch the transformation, but I will just have to rely on flashbacks from the earlier days. ;) This will be my thoughts, my rants on bad days, my praise reports on good days, and everything in between. But mostly, this will be my life without my sweet girl.
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hi Nicole,
I read your story that really touched my heart. Losing someone you love in the way that you both did and having the strength that can only come from God, is so admirable. I pray for you and Daniel all the time and I know that He definitely has his arms around you both and his angels there to comfort you through these difficult times. I, myself lost 2 babies with an early miscarriage, and one ectopic pregnancy where I almost died during the surgery. I can empathize with you to a degree, Nicole, but of course your circumstances were completely different. Looking back over the last years, I wish I had kept a diary or put my feelings into words, because I think that it helps in the healing process. Unfortuneately, I never got to hold my babies the way you both did and never knew their gender, but I know that God takes all these little angels into Heaven no matter the time of the pregnancy. That has been my comfort over the years. I love you both and am always here for you, if ever you need someone to talk to. God Bless. Judi
Judi, thank you so much for your words! I never knew you had been through that and I'm sorry you were! Even though it's different, it's still the same in the end. No matter what stage or in what way, it is never easy by any means to lose a child. I too take comfort in the knowledge that our babies are in heaven with Jesus. If they can't be here with us, there's no better place than on the lap of Jesus Himself! :) I know I can speak for Daniel when I say we love you too! Hope to see you soon, it's been too long and you and Phil are such friendly faces and lovely company. :)
this page looks so good:)
Thank you, Andy. :) <3
Post a Comment