Dear God,
I know things were a little rough between us four months ago, but I know You understand. I used to be kind of upset with You because I couldn't believe You would allow something so horrific to happen to Daniel and me. But now, as my deep wounds have stopped bleeding and I have let You wipe the tears from my eyes, I can see that You were holding me all along and that You did not bring harm our way. You are all-knowing, so You knew it was coming, but You didn't snap Your fingers and make it happen to our little girl. I believe You are at work, trying to help me make something beautiful out of this catastrophe. Something to further Your Kingdom. I thank You for staying by my side, even when I forgot to invite You in.
Thank You for allowing me to see who my true friends are. Those who did not falter, or leave me by the wayside, or cause even more grief during the most difficult time in my life. Please give me the strength and the patience to accept those who do not understand and who slander or offend. Thank You for the family and the friends who have not ceased to pray for us, who let me be myself, and who encourage and help in the healing process. Thank You for bringing back those who didn't know how to be there, but still loved and prayed behind the scenes. Thank You for all the beautiful, fellow Babyloss Moms out there who have been a tremendous support and precious new friends. It amazes me how compassionate strangers can be, when you share a common heartache. Lord, please comfort each and every one of those sweet Mamas who are missing their babies. Bring peace to their hearts and show them Your love. Thank You for the lives Avery has touched and the lives she will continue to touch with the story of her little life. Please let others see how precious and fragile life is, and learn to appreciate the blessings they have instead of focusing on things that don't matter. Please use Avery in any way You can, to reach as many people as possible for the good.
I thank You for our sweet daughter. Even though she wasn't here long, her life with us was the happiest times I've ever had. I don't understand why this had to befall us but I know that You will make the best of it. I am so grateful to You that You allowed me to be the mother of that sweet, perfect little girl. She was the greatest thing I have ever accomplished. I am so proud to be her mother. Thank You for knitting her so lovingly in my womb. I know she's there with You right now. I know You're taking care of her and she's happier than earthly minds can fathom. Give her a little hug for me? Tell her Mommy loves her? Thanks, God.
I pray that You work in me. Continue to heal my heart and Daniel's heart. Please heal my body and shield our future children from the hazards of my blood clotting condition. Please, Lord, never allow us to know what it's like to go through this a second time. Strengthen us and prepare us for the things You have for us in the future. We place it in Your hands. Thank You for remaining at my side, even when I blamed You for our demise. Thank You for never letting go. I love you, Lord. And even with this broken heart, I will praise Your Name.
Love, Your child,
Nicole
Monday, July 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Nicole-
This is beautiful....
love you
Carolyn
This is going to be one of those life tragedy's that will take tons of time to scar. I am sorry that you will be having to go through the gamete of emotions in the whole situations... but know that JOY comes in the morning. I have learned that He wants us to endure through the night and trust in Him and He has promised a morning.
This too shall pass my dear friend.
Love you like crazy... the only way I know how.
Ray Ray
P.S. I was thinking how great it will be when you and Daniel get to meet her in Heaven. I mean... she'll run up to you and be elated that she finally gets to be with you guys. Then, she will remind you the one thing that I desire (as well as many other parents desire)-- that she made it! She gets to be there for eternity as well!
This is so beautiful...and its so close to me as well...I felt like He had turned on me as well...and I see now that all he did was show me that I did have this so that maybe there wont be any of this kind of pain again...now I just need Him to protect Alyssa...and Avery and all the babies..((hugs))
This beautiful letter humbles me! He does tell us that if we seek his face... be still and know that he is God...He will carry us. So beautiful...
This is beautiful and I feel the same way. I was so mad at God at first. After a few weeks, the anger started to lessen. Then I started thinking of how much worse the whole situation could have been and maybe He protected me from it being worse.
I'm speechless...absolutely beautiful Nicole.
Oh Nicole that was so incredibly beautiful. I cried as I read your heartfelt letter, it is obvious God is using you and caring for you as you walk this journey. Thank you for this post...I needed to read some of that, I'm struggling these past few days with so many emotions & you have inspired me to look at my situation differently. I too need to have more faith that He will guide us in the future & will continue to carry us through these difficult days. Thinking of you:)
Hi Nicole,
I know that I only know you through your blog...but I want you to know that this letter that you wrote truly touched me. I'm at a point in my grief where I want to put blame on anyone and anything for what happened...but I have to believe and keep on hoping. Your letter keeps me hoping that there may very well be a reason out there for what has happened. We all need to keep looking for the positives and hope for all the tomorrows in our future. Thank you, Nicole. Take care and God Bless.
Post a Comment